Today I am presenting another simple yet beautiful flower installation that can be styled in two ways. One option is to have it as a no-vase flower arrangement that will work nicely for a natural look. The second option is to put flowers under the dome in order to add a bit of magic to your flowers. Think beauty and the beast.
So let’s get started with this fresh flower DIY no-vase arrangement.
Garden roses (I used Kiera rose by David Austin)
Small metal lead (mine came from sugar storage container)
Before you get started: Be sure to condition your flowers. Remove all excessive foliage and cut rose stems at in angle, to maximize water intake. If there will be some time between flower purchase and a creation of the flower arrangement then keep flowers in a cool area away from direct sunlight until you are ready to use them.
1. Start by creating a foam base, by cutting small pieces of flower foam and fitting them inside the metal lead. Once you have a stable structure water the foam until it is fully saturated with water.
2. Once the basic structure is created, it’s time to get to work on the flowers themselves. Cut roses stems to 5 -8 cm depending on the size of your arrangement. Place flowers inside the foam and add foliage.
Tip: If you are planning to put your arrangement under the dome make sure that there will be some space left between flowers and the dome. You don’t want your flowers being pressed against the glass.
3. Next, cover the foam and metal container with the moss. Wrap your moss around and fix it with the floral wire.
4. Add a dome for a fairytale look or keep it simple.
5. Find a nice place to display it. You are done!